BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
juanvg1972
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I am creating a decision tree in SAS Enterprise Miner 14.2 in Won environment.

I am using decision tree node, and I have defined the depth of the tree, the number of rows in leaf and other atributtes.... I would like to know if I can select the type of algortthm , that is: ID3, C4.5......is that possible?, which algoritm are avalilables?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

You can mix-and-match individual features from different algorithms.  For example, you can use the CHAID method of creating a split and the CART method of retrospective pruning.  There is no 'CART' or 'C4.5' parameter to give a specific set of features.  I do not know where the documentation of parameters can be found.  Technical support does.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

You can mix-and-match individual features from different algorithms.  For example, you can use the CHAID method of creating a split and the CART method of retrospective pruning.  There is no 'CART' or 'C4.5' parameter to give a specific set of features.  I do not know where the documentation of parameters can be found.  Technical support does.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation