BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AkemiW25
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I am trying to use LASSO regression to select micronutrient and lifestyle variables. I learned to apply the glmselect. My challenge is when using the NHANES complex survey data, does the weight statement alone can capture these design parameters or not.

could not find a single example code/ training to do LASSO for complex survey structures in SAS

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7551912/pdf/nutrients-12-02652.pdf (NHANES, LASSO, using R software)

My outcome of interest is a continuous variable, predictors (29- both continuous, and multilevel categorical)

Sub-population sample size is around 4000. I am new to LASSO regression, thus appreciate your advice.

When we use surveyreg, it allows weights, cluster and strata but glmselect only has weight option. If I use the same weight (only) as used in the surveyreg would that be sufficient?
proc surveyreg data= NHANES2001_2002;
weight wtint2yr; cluster sdmvpsu; strata sdmvstra;
class female; model pad630 = female / noint solution vadjust = none; contrast 'comparing males and females' female 1 -1; format female fm.; run;
1 REPLY 1
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

SAS Survey procs currently do not support any automatic variable selections including LASSO methods.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation