BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AkemiW25
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I am trying to use LASSO regression to select micronutrient and lifestyle variables. I learned to apply the glmselect. My challenge is when using the NHANES complex survey data, does the weight statement alone can capture these design parameters or not.

could not find a single example code/ training to do LASSO for complex survey structures in SAS

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7551912/pdf/nutrients-12-02652.pdf (NHANES, LASSO, using R software)

My outcome of interest is a continuous variable, predictors (29- both continuous, and multilevel categorical)

Sub-population sample size is around 4000. I am new to LASSO regression, thus appreciate your advice.

When we use surveyreg, it allows weights, cluster and strata but glmselect only has weight option. If I use the same weight (only) as used in the surveyreg would that be sufficient?
proc surveyreg data= NHANES2001_2002;
weight wtint2yr; cluster sdmvpsu; strata sdmvstra;
class female; model pad630 = female / noint solution vadjust = none; contrast 'comparing males and females' female 1 -1; format female fm.; run;
1 REPLY 1
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

SAS Survey procs currently do not support any automatic variable selections including LASSO methods.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation