BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cuan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi guys, i got this errors when need to fix the field method when origin=Derived,

i try to fill method with : XD.XDSEQ

but i got this error:

variable XD.XDSEQN : Method 'XD.XDSEQ' could not be found in the current Define version.

any help?

Thanks.

Cuan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cuan
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello , I found the probkem , it was not defined the variable in the method tabs, once it is in the method tab in the define.xml document in p21 enterprise , yo can go to the variables tab , and pick it up, if it is not defined in the method tab first , you can’t type in method the variable , because don’t find it. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

If you get error post the code and the error message. Copy all the related information from the log, open a text box on the forum with the </> above the message window and paste all of the copied text.

The most common reason I have seen for "undefined methods" is using a libname.datasetname or datasetname.variablename syntax where it is not expected. So what is XD? and XDSEQ?

cuan
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello , I found the probkem , it was not defined the variable in the method tabs, once it is in the method tab in the define.xml document in p21 enterprise , yo can go to the variables tab , and pick it up, if it is not defined in the method tab first , you can’t type in method the variable , because don’t find it. Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation