BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ErikLund_Jensen
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Over the last 10 years we have collected a large number of User Transforms, some probably unused today, other obsolete but still used, and many changed without the corresponding jobs being revisited and redeployed. So I need to clean this up and make a sceduled report to help keeping it clean. One can make an impact analysis om a User Transform, but it would be a tedious task as we have 256 User Transforms used in 3842 instances in 2190 DI Studio jobs, so I want to automate it.

I have a partially working solution based on Name and TransformRole/MetadataType, but it doesn't work if somebody has changed the name of the TransformationStep instance. So I try to find the association chain between a User Transformation as Prototype and it's instance as TransformationStep in a job.

It must be there, because otherwise the impact analysis would be impossible. But I cant' find it. So far I am stuck with attributes on the main objects, but no direct associations or associations to intermediate objects that seems to create a link between them.

Prototype.gif

TransformationStep.gif

It can be tricky to unravel if the chain is long (and tricky to write xml and map to extract data as well), but I never encountered a "dead end" before, so any help would be greatly appreciateded!

Thanks

Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ErikLund_Jensen
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Problem solved thanks to a friend who came to my help and proved the old saying that two heads are better than one, even if one of them belongs to a dentist. Since I didn't get any answers to my post, I wonder if it is highly uncommon to use SAS metadata to this depth for quality assurance procedures.

A User Transformation as Prototype and it's instance as TransformationStep both have associated Class and VERSION property objects. The objects are individual, and both Class properties have an UUID as defaultvalue. My dentist friend instantly recognized the two UUIDs as being identical, which I never thought of. Added benefit: If the VERSION properties aren't identical too, the TransformationStep uses an outdated version of the Prototype and needs to be refreshed.

protoclass.gif

protostep.gif

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ErikLund_Jensen
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Problem solved thanks to a friend who came to my help and proved the old saying that two heads are better than one, even if one of them belongs to a dentist. Since I didn't get any answers to my post, I wonder if it is highly uncommon to use SAS metadata to this depth for quality assurance procedures.

A User Transformation as Prototype and it's instance as TransformationStep both have associated Class and VERSION property objects. The objects are individual, and both Class properties have an UUID as defaultvalue. My dentist friend instantly recognized the two UUIDs as being identical, which I never thought of. Added benefit: If the VERSION properties aren't identical too, the TransformationStep uses an outdated version of the Prototype and needs to be refreshed.

protoclass.gif

protostep.gif

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation