BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vivshri
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to setup hadoop connection with SAS 9.3.

filename cfg "C:/LocationOfMyHadoopConfiguration/hadoopconfig.cfg" ;

filename foo hadoop '/tmp/file1.txt' cfg=cfg user='hadoop' pass='mypassword';

data _null_;

file foo;

put "Hadoop Hadoop";

run;

ERROR: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.dataflux.hadoop.DFConfiguration

ERROR:  at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

ERROR:  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

ERROR:  at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

ERROR:  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

ERROR:  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

1. I have setup SAS_HADOOP_JAR_PATH in the environment variables so missing environment variable error is no longer coming.

2. I have downloaded all the hadoop jar files in SAS_HADOOP_JAR_PATH ( The jar files are for Hadoop 2.4.0 )

3. The picklist command "proc javainfo picklist 'hadoopbasics/hadoopwrapr.txt'; run;" showing

file:/C:/Program%20Files/SASHome/SASVersionedJarRepository/eclipse/plugins/dfx-hadoop-1.0_301000.

0.0.20121114190000_d3inhd31/dfx-hadoop-1.0.jar

file:/C:/Program%20Files/SASHome/SASVersionedJarRepository/eclipse/plugins/dfx-pig-1.0_301000.0.0

.20121114190000_d3inhd31/dfx-pig-1.0.jar

It seems like I have to specify required jar files in the picklist. is that correct? How to do that?

Appreciate any reply.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What Hadoop distribution/version do you use?

Also, consider to at least test in 9.4, since I believe SAS is putting quite some developing effort for Hadoop support.

Perhaps at track to SAS Tech support is a better choice fort his kind of detailed troubleshooting.

Data never sleeps
vivshri
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Linus, Just to update for future readers, the error is resolved. It seems the SAS_HADOOP_JAR_PATH was not readable. After discussing with SAS support I put that in all user accessible area in the Windows machine and I was able to run hadoop commands from SAS 9.3.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Great to hear the error is resolved, vivshri.

Thanks for reporting back on the thread.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation