BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

We have two different application servers defined in our environment, Tom and Jerry. They have different SAS packages on them. Most of my DI studio jobs run on Tom.  Some of my jobs need to run on Jerry.

In DI studio (4.901), I see I can set the default server to be either Tom or Jerry, and my default is Tom.   When I make a job that should run on Jerry, is there an attribute of the Job I can set, to say "This job should run on Jerry"? 

When I deploy the job, I can choose the server to deploy it to, and that works fine.  But when I just open job in DI studio and run the job, I sometimes end up running it on the wrong server.  So would be nice to have a way to associate the job with a specific server.

Thanks,

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveED
SAS Employee

hey Q,

I think this would be a really good SAS ballot suggestion.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to tie an Application server to a job. I absolutely see where that would be useful, even a "preferred" server option so that the job would work and fall back to the non-preferred server if it wasn't available.

For now though, you'll have to manually select the App server each time, or change the default App server to your preferred one for that job.

Steve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

I'm not aware of a way to specify that a DI studio job should run on an app server different than the default.

SteveED
SAS Employee

hey Q,

I think this would be a really good SAS ballot suggestion.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to tie an Application server to a job. I absolutely see where that would be useful, even a "preferred" server option so that the job would work and fall back to the non-preferred server if it wasn't available.

For now though, you'll have to manually select the App server each time, or change the default App server to your preferred one for that job.

Steve

Quentin
Super User

Thanks @SteveED. I'll submit it to the ballot.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/Add-optional-server-attribute-to-DI-jobs/idi-p/3...

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation