BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everybody, I need to know if it's possible to make a scoring model for Data Quality in order to measure the quality of the data and understand the score of quality for every single record. Maybe a good article abut this? or a solution using SAS?

P.S.: I've just read the article: "A scorecard approach to Improving Data Quality" by Phil Nousak, Rob Phelps and need more articles about this topic.

Thanks in advanced,

Edgar

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

Are you using DataFlux?

Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

hi Reeza, I'm using SAS Enterprise Guide, v5.1. I don't have DataFlux

Reeza
Super User

Given your Golden Record question, I think you're looking for Master Data Management topic? Those keywords should give you something via Google.

Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

Scoring for Data Quality and Golden Record are the same topic? I was thinking about as a two different topics and the second one (Golden Record) depends on scoring, am I correct? or maybe I'm confused?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm not familiar with the exact meaning of "Scoring for Data Quality".

Data quality is a quite large field, and can't be covered in a forum thread.

SAS uses the main concepts Data Managemant, Data Governance, Master Data Management and Data Federation to cover/group different initiatives and products.

Even being a quite experienced DW architect, I found the SAS solutions in this area quite hard to grasp.

For overviews, start with product/solution fact sheets and white papers/blueprints found at sas.com.

Then go forward with the Product and Solutions, and Documentation sections at support.sas.com.

Also there have been some papers at Global Forum.

If your organization has a DQ initiative, I'm pretty sure that your SAS representative would be happy to help position SAS products, in relation to your requirements.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation