BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vijayRyDot
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have installed trial versino of SAS and trying to connect SQL Server ODBC using Data Sources but it gives an error.

There was a problem testing the connection: License check failed for feature 'Data Connector to ODBC': The feature is not licensed.View details (ATTACHED SCREENSHOT)

Is it not allowed to connect SQL Server ODBC using Data sources in SAS Or am I missing something like installation, setting or else ?

4 REPLIES 4
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

Trial versions of software are just that trial.

What trial version of SAS are you trying to use SAS access feature with?

vijayRyDot
Fluorite | Level 6
SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning on SAS® Viya. I downloaded this Trial
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Run this: proc setinit; run;

If the SAS log does not list SAS/ACCESS to ODBC then you are not licensed for this. You could contact your SAS account manager to see if it can be included.

vijayRyDot
Fluorite | Level 6

I ran the command. "proc setinit; run;" and don't have SAS/ACCESS to ODBC listed. I would have to contact SAS account manager. Appreciate your help

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation