BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vijayRyDot
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I want to use File System into Data Source but when I try to assign Path (From SAS Drive and from Local drive) it gives an error. I have file into those appropriate folders. So Which exact format or path it is using for File System Data Source.

Appreciate your help.

Path in data Source.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_D
SAS Employee

So this is screen is used to create a PATH based caslib, meaning a path on the server. I dont think this is what you are wanting to do. 

Potentially there might be a way to use the import function, to pull the xml from your local computer and load it as a caslib. I haven't tried it before but there might be a way to accomplish this. I probably think you would have to use code to do this, and not the UI. 

Some good reading:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/One-Two-Three-SAS-Studio-Enter-SAS-Studio-5/t...

Excerpt:

"Please be aware of a limitation with data stored in SAS Content. While any file can be written to or uploaded to folders in SAS Content, you can’t access data (ex. .sas7bdat) from SAS Content via libraries (since libraries cannot be assigned to SAS Content folders). Only data that can be read via a fileref (ex. .csv, .txt, .xlsx, etc), can be read from SAS Content (since filerefs can be assigned to files in SAS Content). See working with data in SAS Studio 5 for more information."

So in Studio you might be able to make a filename reference to the fileserver and read it as a base sas data set and then load that dataset to CAS. 

This not not the same type of example but shows using a filename reference to save data to SASDrive Content: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Making-SAS-programs-stored-on-the-file-system...

vijayRyDot
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for your reply. I will try importing xml using code. thankyou

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation