BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ZegerNieuweboer
Fluorite | Level 6

The Netherlands Tax Authority is rolling out the German application SAP for their key processes.  The American application SAS is implementend for BI and Analyses of the key processes of the Netherlands Tax Authority. The connection between de process apllication SAP ECC and the BI application SAS is yet pragmatic, using extracted text files. In which way can the Netherlands Tax Authority professionalize the connection between SAP and SAS?

Zéger Nieuweboer, Data Steward, 2015

linkedin.com/in/zegernieuweboer
8 REPLIES 8
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Have you discussed this with your SAS account manager? I believe that SAS has the ability to connect very nicely to SAP data, but I'm not familiar with the details.

The local SAS office should be able to set up a demonstration.

Tom

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

You refer to actual implementations and use cases so I agree very much with that you should contact your SAS account manager to get more info and insight what has been done around the globe which might be relevant to you.

JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Just to add to what Linus said, not that it needs it.

There is a relatively new product out.

SAS/ACCESS to SAP Hana - it is covered in the ACCESS manual.

There is also a Scoring Accelerator for Hana.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I don't see a problem with using SAP unloads (text files) as import data for SAS. That way the unloads can be run when the SAP system is mostly idle, with direct access you risk deteriorating SAP performance when SAS analyses are run.

We (large worldwide operating insurance company) do the same, with our main DB/2 database and SAP.

Rens_SASNL
SAS Employee

Can you please contact me directly on this subject? I can't answer you publicly Smiley Sad

Regards,

Rens Feenstra

SAS Netherlands

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I believe in this public forum we should try to not provide any information which can be traced back directly to customers.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Thanks Patrick, we have edited out the sensitive information.

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 in conversation