BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8

I have set permission that user A could only readmetadata on a folder. However, user A could still execute the jobs inside the folder.

Meanwhile, is it able to disable the run tab, i.e, the arrow of run would become un-clickable.

run.jpg, like the "stop tab".

Or,

Can I assign who can run a specific job?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If that's your requirement have the jobs in a separate folder and have only the persons that should be able to execute jobs read access.
Be aware that you need to consider deployed jobs as well (including the .Sas files).
Again, it feels simpler to secure the data instead.
Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
No, I don't think that is possible by simple metadata authorization settings.
So you want a user to look at a job but not to execute it. Why is that?
If you want to prevent unauthorised modification of data you need to set authorization on the target tables.
Data never sleeps
R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8

really? The origiinal idea is that someone could run particular job in the folder. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If that's your requirement have the jobs in a separate folder and have only the persons that should be able to execute jobs read access.
Be aware that you need to consider deployed jobs as well (including the .Sas files).
Again, it feels simpler to secure the data instead.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation