BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
smicha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Is it possible to authorize access(read,write....) only to specific term types in SAS Business Data Network?

For example let's suppose that we have three Term Types: Default, Type1, Type2. I want Group1 to view Default and Type1 but not Type2 and Group2 to view Default,Type2 but not Type1.

PS: In BDN, i have seen the root-level authorization and the term authorization, but not the term-type authorization. But as i was checking the capabilities in the management console, I've seen the Secure Term Type capability. So i searched for this feature in the BDN web application, but i couldn't find it anywhere.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
VincentRejany
SAS Employee

Hi

I am afraid there is no securing of the term types. This capability is a UI error and will be removed in the next.

Only terms can be secured through the authorization feature.

Regards

Vincent

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation