BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lyanne
Obsidian | Level 7

In the last selfstudy of Chapter 6: Multi-Input/Multi-Output Data Job – Customer Matches "Defining a Shared Data Management Server (Self-Study) " I have to create a server called "Basics Shared Training Server". 

The exercise says "6. Type <ip-address-provided-by-instructor> in the Server field."

This sentence does not work, but the ip-adress of my machine does not work either. 

What do I have to fill in the Server field to make it work?

5 REPLIES 5
VincentRejany
SAS Employee

Hi

Which version of SAS Data Management are you using?

Data Management servers definition are now provided by SAS Metadata, so make sure you are logged on from DM Studio (Tools> Log On Metadata server)

Regards

Lyanne
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Vincent,

I am using the version that is installed on the virtual lab, I thought it was 9.2. And creating this server is part of the course and even the exercise says that you have to receive an ip-adres from the teacher, but since I have been following the e-course, I do not have a teacher.

Regards,
VincentRejany
SAS Employee
Don't know if a server is configured on your environment or if you had to connect to the teacher's machine.
In any case, check if one server is running in the services.
You can also try to connect using "localhost" or your machine ip on the port 21036.
If you get one prompt for credential, try to use the one provided (sasadm@saspw will work for sure.)

Regards

Vincent
Lyanne
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Vincent,

This is the server that is already installed in the datamanagement studio in the virtual lab:
Voorbeeld 1.JPG

For the exercise (see first post) I have to create a second server. And for that server I should have something to fill in in the server field, see the screenshot below. 

Voorbeeld 2.JPG

I have already tried to fill in "localhost"  but it does not work. 

Regards, 
Lyanne

VincentRejany
SAS Employee

There are fair chances that the server is on the same machine but not with the same port.

Double check the installation folder to see if there is another datamanagement server instance. If this is the case, look at the dmserver.cfg for finding the port use (might be 2038)

Vincent

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation