BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Team,

I am getting Out of disk issue in Clustering node when executing the 7 Millions records in SAS Data Management Server. I have used 5 parameters for Match Code then after i used Clustering Node.

I have attached screenshot for your references, Please find it and let me know if required any other details.

Shakti_Sourav_1-1659432469911.png

I have checked with Cluster Options and also put maximum size in 4000 MB in Override clustering memory size and CLUSTER/BYTES is 4194304000 in Data Management Studio. still i am facing same issue.

Thank You

Shakti

9 REPLIES 9
audrey
SAS Employee

Hi,

The matching and clustering are intensive operations that require lots of resources. You can take a look at your available temp space before and during the operation, but it's most likely that it's filling it out.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®
Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Audrey,

Okay, I have ran the job in server again. Can you suggest me how to check Temp Space in Server ?

audrey
SAS Employee

That would be in the File System of your DMServer machine.

Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

ADMIN team has increased the server space from 1 TB to 3 TB. it will resolve this issue or is there any other activity pending ?

audrey
SAS Employee

It's difficult to predict the amount needed as this depends on many factors like the number of records, their size, the number of matching conditions, the size of the clusters (= how many records end in a group), etc.

However I believe 3 TB should be enough and if it's still failing, I would encourage you to open a ticket with Technical Support so they can investigate. 

Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

okay, I have checked the Temp File Space. Please find the attached screenshot and let me know if required any other details.

audrey
SAS Employee

I'm not really sure what that shows.

Is this the total amount of free space on the disk before the job runs? during the run? when it fails?

In any case, that doesn't seem enough. ALso, didn't you say you got more space on the machine?  

RacheLGomez123
Fluorite | Level 6
If your system doesn't have Storage Sense, you can use the Disk Cleanup tool to delete temporary files and system files from your device. In the search box on the taskbar, type disk cleanup, then select it from the results. Select the drive you want to clean up files for, then select OK.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation