BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
agdesilva
Calcite | Level 5

I use SAS EG (4.3) to connect to our SAS AIX server running 9.2.  I wanted to access data from Midas Plus (a Xerox product used in healthcare).  SAS EG can access these data using the ODBC connection on my PC (the KB_SQL ODBC driver).  But it is suggested that the SAS server connect to Midas server for large amounts of data and better control via programming.

I used EG to basically copy tables into the project.  This is not ideal.  I was told by our SAS Unix Admin that there is no way to connect Midas Plus (32 bit) with our 64 bit AIX SAS server directly.  Is this correct?  A 64bit SAS server cannot use SAS/Access and ODBC to connect to our Midas server?  If my SAS UNIX administrator is correct I will continue to drag data into my EG Projects.  But I feel that this connectivity should exist, that the SAS/Access product we have on the AIX machine which connects us to Teradata, DB2 and Oracle, can be adjusted to include ODBC.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

@agdesilva
2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I did a quick Google search on the KB_SQL ODBC driver and it appears to work on Windows only. If this is correct and there is no other compatible ODBC driver that will work on AIX then I suspect your SAS Unix Admin is right.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

To add to

The Midas Plus homepage Integrated Medical Software and Solutions for Hospital Administrative Data Analysis has unfortunately a purely marketing focus and doesn't provide technical information.

This is not about the SAS/Access to ODBC engine but about what ODBC drivers Midas provides in order for any other application to connect to it - and it appears there isn't any for AIX 64bit.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation