BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidCaliman
Calcite | Level 5

Could anyone tell me where in the SAS server or on which tool can take logs of executions of jobs in DI?

I need to get the information (amount of records read) a Job that ran yesterday.

8 REPLIES 8
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you are interested in an specific log for a specific execution, the SAS log in the batch server should be sufficient. The default location for this is

SAS-config-dir\LevN\SASApp\BatchServer\Logs\

Data never sleeps
DavidCaliman
Calcite | Level 5

This folder is empty on my server.

Thanks for your reply.

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

Is it possible that logging has not been enabled on the relevant batch server?  This topic describes the prereqs for logging job stats. It says: "ARM statistics are enabled by default for SAS Workspace Servers, but not for SAS Batch servers."

SAS(R) Data Integration Studio 4.8: User's Guide

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

I think you also asked about reporting tools. This topic talks about those: SAS(R) Data Integration Studio 4.8: User's Guide

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Read you post again. I'm bit confused. Did you execute a job within DI Studio (not in batch) yesterday and want to see how it went?

Default, no logs are stored after a DI Studio workspace server session. This can be changed, but not recommended, since those logs can grow rapidly in size over time.

Also, it's not best practice to have production like jobs executed from DIS as a general routine. If doing so (as an exception), the user needs to store the log explicitly after job has ended.

Or do I misunderstand your situation?

Data never sleeps
DavidCaliman
Calcite | Level 5

LinusH, You are right.

I ran the job within DI Studio (not in batch) yesterday and want to see how it went.

You said by default, no logs are stored after a DI Studio workspace server session.

How do I enable it?

I'm running the jobs in the development environment directly in DI Studio.

I'm not running a batch.

Quentin
Super User

You could just add a user-written code module which sends the log to a file somewhere:

proc printto log="/mylocation/mylog.log" new;

run;

Then at the end of the flow:

*stop writing log file and let go of it;

proc printto;

run;

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
pradeepalankar
Obsidian | Level 7

If job is deployed and executed in batch, and your logging is not disabled then easient way to find the log path is to check the deployed job propery of the job: deployed job icon>properties>scheduling details tab> in command area

you will find log path after "-log" parameter.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation