BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wbaldwin
Fluorite | Level 6

We have SAS 9.4M5 running on Linux environment with SAS Share installed/configured.  I'm trying to test to see if our SAS Share library is available outside of SAS tools (third party software). I have downloaded the SAS Share JDBC Drivers for Windows 64 to my local machine already. Now, I'm trying to figure out way to test Share connections... I want to test from my local laptop using jdbc driver I downloaded/install  and test if my jdbc url is working/correct.    Any suggestion on how I can accomplish this?  Thank You! 

3 REPLIES 3
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

My first thought is Microsoft Access; my second thought is Excel.

Tom

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi @wbaldwin,

Link below to sgf paper has steps on how you can use java applications to invoke SAS using SAS/SHARE Driver for JDBC.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/017-2010.pdf

Thanks!
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Not sure about JDBC connections, but for ODBC connections, you need the additional SAS license SHARE*NET.

Data never sleeps

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation