BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Gweeks
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey everyone, 

I'm a first time SAS Data Surveyor for SAP user and I am being tasked to replicate SAP data within Data Surveyor and would like to know if it's possible to do it within the Data Surveyor as I've believed it to be a plug-in that works, with DI Studio or Management Console. How would I go about that process? Is it also possible to run sas code that pulls data from SAP in the data surveyor?

Any help will be appreciated. @Community_Help 

Thank you everyone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

From what I understand SAS Data Surveyor for SAP is exactly that - a tool for querying and extracting metadata from an SAP database: Surveyor for SAP 

It isn't a tool for managing SAP databases and that includes replication. Management of SAP databases - including data replication - would be provided by SAP tools. You can of course create copies of SAP tables by reading them into SAS datasets, but if I understand you correctly, that's not what you want to do.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

From what I understand SAS Data Surveyor for SAP is exactly that - a tool for querying and extracting metadata from an SAP database: Surveyor for SAP 

It isn't a tool for managing SAP databases and that includes replication. Management of SAP databases - including data replication - would be provided by SAP tools. You can of course create copies of SAP tables by reading them into SAS datasets, but if I understand you correctly, that's not what you want to do.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation