BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jtlbg
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a job which I've scheduled to run via the Schedule Manager in SAS Management Console. I'm using Platform LSF as the scheduling server. The job is designed to start when some files arrive. I've used the "arrival" event rather than the "exists" event.

Unfortunately, despite all the files having arrived, the job is still in a waiting state.

How do I diagnose the cause here? SAS Management Console gives me no information about jobs which have already been submitted for scheduling. None of the LSF command line utilities, or the Flow Manager application, appear to give me information about file events (external events in LSF lingo). I've checked and double-checked that the files really do exist, in the right location, with the right names.

I've got other jobs which are successfully being triggered by file arrival so I don't think it's a general problem with my installation, which is SAS 9.4M4. Platform LSF is version 9.1.3.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jtlbg
Obsidian | Level 7
Classification: Public

We eventually resolved this ourselves. It seems the user that the LSF scheduling process runs as did not have access to the directory in which the trigger files were located. The vendor documentation is quite bare on this subject so this isn't a definitive root cause, but a permission change on the directory (chmod o+rx) worked.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you checked Platform Process Manager for the job? Is that where you see a status of "waiting"?

jtlbg
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, Platform Process Manager shows the job as waiting. It shows me (in the flow diagram) the list of file event dependencies, but doesn't tell me which of those (if any) it considers true.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'd suggest opening a track with SAS Tech Support if you haven't done so already. I suspect you will need to dig into the LSF logs to make any progress.

jtlbg
Obsidian | Level 7

We eventually resolved this ourselves. It seems the user that the LSF scheduling process runs as did not have access to the directory in which the trigger files were located. The vendor documentation is quite bare on this subject so this isn't a definitive root cause, but a permission change on the directory (chmod o+rx) worked.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please update your post as solved then.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation