BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8

Is there any possibility to grant right in accessing database like read, write or read&write?

through role or any permission?

As I have gone through the capability and it seems nothing for me to do it.

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Capabilities is about functionality, not data itself.
Two options that you could investigate :
- have the RDBMS libref assigned with the META engine, thus enforcing SAS metadata authorization.
- set authorization within the database. Use appropriate login from SAS (users own with AUTHDOMAIN, or some group login that fits your needs.
Data never sleeps
R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8
What do you mean for the first statement?
For the second statement, do you mean that we directly set authorization in database?
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I assumed that you had a Metadata Server, no?
If you have it, you will for the users assign a libref that points to the Metadata registration for that library. Then, any tables in that libref can fall under SAS metadata authorization. Check the doc for more info.

And yes, and you need somehow get the client user token/login to be used when connecting to the database.
Data never sleeps
thomp7050
Pyrite | Level 9

May not apply, but the simplistic solution is: If you are storing the data in a shared library folder, you can make the shared library folder read only or exclude the user from the folder.  If you are using a server, another (albeit hacky) solution would be to create a scheduled task to copy the data to a folder that has your specified priveledges.  This way, the user will be restricted to the datasets based on your specifications via windows, and not SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation