BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

But how will you deal with external data sources, their record count are not usually visible in the dictionary tables...?

Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I got some more questions/thoughts.

First, does changing this property DBPROP_MAXROWS affext anything other than the SAS exist function? And to me it sounds like I would set this to 1, if it just used for checking table existence.

But, changing this is quite technical - is it optimal to put this responsibility to the customer? One could ask for is a clear recommendation in usage not or similar.

Mapping SAS functions to external calls should be the responsibility of SAS/ACCESS, and is OpenRowset () the most optimal? I'm definitely not an OLEDB programmer, but ought to be better ways - no? A quick browse on the internet suggests dbTbl.Rows.Count, but again, I'm no OLEDB programmer...:smileysilly:

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 in conversation