BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Is there any way to compare two DI studio jobs in DI Studio 4.2? I've two jobs - one which has 12 transformations and the other job was updated from the first one and it has 14 transformations. Instead of manually comparing the transformations and tables which was being used in the jobs, can we do it in other way (if it is available)?

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I don't think that comes OOTB. Tables and files can be compared with built in function.
Depending on your preferences exporting the code to a text comparison tool might be the simplest?
Data never sleeps
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Could you please help me understand how can I compare tables and files with
build in function?
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't have access tool right here, but you are prompted for comparison at least when importing metadata (and importing SAS package metadata as well if I recall right) and wish to overwrite existing objects.

Data never sleeps
lethcons
Obsidian | Level 7

In the past I've copied and pasted the code for the whole job and pasted into column A of an Excel worksheet. Then done the same for the other job, pasting into column C. Then in cell B1 I insert the formula =A1=C1 and then copy that all the way down. Then I put a filter on column B and filter for FALSE. Where the code is different you may need to insert blank lines into one or the other in order to keep them in step, and then recopy the formula down. There will be lines which are only different because they came from different jobs - these should be easy to spot.

Or, you could use something like WinMerge to compare the two sets of code.

But I don't think there is anything more elegant.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation