BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
M_V
Calcite | Level 5 M_V
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Is it possible to use code in a process node to update a table in the InfoMap? I need the table in the infomap to be refreshed before I call data from that table in the comms node. I get an error when I try:

The below is an extract from the code I use. The customer_ref table has already been created. These steps work fine in SAS eGuide.

data single_row_data;
set customer_ref;
by customer_id TimeStamp;
if first.customer_id;
run;

proc sql;
create table MKTADHOC.VOM_CUAD_SINGLE_ROW_DATA
AS SELECT * FROM WORK.SINGLE_ROW_DATA;
QUIT;

proc sql;
create table &outTable
as select
cdtls.Customer_ID as Customer_ID

from
SASMAR.MA_CUSTOMER cdtls
inner join
SINGLE_ROW_DATA srd
on cdtls.customer_id=srd.customer_id
;
quit;
%macount(&outTable);

Where the MKTADHOC table is readable in the infomap. I need data in this table to be updated as I need to output some data fields in this table relevant for members present in the campaign.

This error comes up: Error in the stored process or a called macro - vendor code: 1012.

I'm not a coder. And not a SAS expert. I've tried to use the below somewhere as well, but I do not think it makes a difference.

%stpbegin; %maspinit; options dsnferr;

If you can let me know what the problem is that would be great.

Thanks,

MV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_V
Calcite | Level 5 M_V
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Steve,

Appreciate your time reading and replying. I've got it working I think! I executed the process node rather than updated the counts. So I should be able to use that updated table in the infomap and thus call fields from there. If there are more issues I'll post and see if anyone has a solution.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SteveMarshall
SAS Employee

It is possible to use code in a Process node used within a MA Campaign to update data in a table used in the info map (or virtually any table).  Somethings to consider.

1. I assume you have drop and create rights to the schema associated with the MKTADHOC library.  You said this code works in EG, so the Create table MKTADHOC.xxx as should work when the process is run by MA also.  However, it may fail due to the Table already existing. 

2. You likely need to drop the MKTADHOC table prior to recreating it.  Although you may just want to delete rows from the table and then insert you're desired rows to ensure you don't change the structure of the table.

3.  you should look at the Log tab within the process node.  It should provide details around which exact statements are causing errors.

M_V
Calcite | Level 5 M_V
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Steve,

Appreciate your time reading and replying. I've got it working I think! I executed the process node rather than updated the counts. So I should be able to use that updated table in the infomap and thus call fields from there. If there are more issues I'll post and see if anyone has a solution.

Regards,

Michael

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation