BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jidong
Fluorite | Level 6
We use RTDM 6.5 heavily, we have hundreds of "SAS process" (in groovy code) to deal with our business. Since RTDM 6.5 do not provide a source code management solution, we want manage source code by GIT, where is the physical location (folder in OS , not the folder in metadata ) to store groovy code? so that we can copy them out and add them to GIT? is there a way to export and import groovy code in a batch mode? It there a way to management the version of decision flows? we have near a hundred of complex flows, and need enhance them frequently, but we only know a version number , backup, restore, compare different version are all manual work, it is quite hard to maintain them, do you have any suggestions to management of decision flows?
2 REPLIES 2
jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @Jidong ,

I'm replying here cause I'm also interested to learn how to manage this myself. As far as I know there's no clear source code management solution for RTDM. During trainings, they just mention to Save As the Decision Flows and add the versions as a suffix. This way you have a backup of the original version of the flow. You can also use the command line utilities to export and import an SPK of the decision flows or the SAS process. You can then store this packages in a physical location as a backup and/or for promotion to other environments. Other than that, I don't know any other way to manage this.

Regards,

JC

Jidong
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your reply,  "save as" and "export and import" are ok when your decision flows and processes are not huge, if you have many of them in development , test and prod environment, it turned hard to make them consistent, and control version of them 

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation