BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sivaram_veerabagu
Calcite | Level 5

There is no tables are getting listed in the RTDM Data Node definitions. I am not sure what may be the cause for this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
shill
SAS Employee

Make sure you have a Library System Resource in your Design repository that has the exact same name as your library in metadata.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sivaram_veerabagu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Shill,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to use BASE SAS library. I have used the same name of the BASE SAS library in Design repository but still, the table is not listed in the Data process node.

I have used $SAS_Activity_Resource as a Connection Resource and it contains the following parameters.

Driver Class : com.sas.tkts.TKTSDriver

Server URL : jdbc:sastkts://host-name:24141/

Connection Option : DRIVER=TSSQL;CONOPTS=(DSN=BASE)

Username : sasdm

Password : ******

Also I have added the BASE SAS Library Schema in SAS Federation Server Manager.

Please let me have your view?

Regards,

Siva

shill
SAS Employee

If your Activity Resource is using "BASE" and not "DSFederatedDSN" then I'm going go guess you're using an older version, probably 5.41? If you're using 6.X and that's how your environment is configured, you'll probably want to make some adjustments to meet best practices. (Also, beware of using SAS datasets because of the I/O time required to read from disk in a real-time application! You may not find it meets your performance requirements.)

But that's not directly related to why it's not showing up for you. The primary requirements are:

1. You have a metadata library with the table registered and metadata updated so you can see this list of columns and their data types in SMC.

2. You have a library system resource in your Design repository with the exact same name as the metadata library in #1 above. (Note: If you are in fact using an older version, you will actually need a 2nd library system resource in your Design repository with the exact same name as the LIBREF of the metadata library in #1 above in order for queries to execute successfully in test cases or in the engine execution.)

The UI part of choosing a table never actually goes as far as the Fed Server connection, it simply looks for all the Library System Resources in the Design Repository and then looks for Metadata Libraries with the same name. If both of those things are true in your environment, you'll probably need to open a track with SAS Technical Support.

Good luck!

sivaram_veerabagu
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Shil,

I have managed to get the table listed in Data Process Node. There was a name mismatch between the Metadata library and the library in Decision Repository. I am using RTDM 6.3 version.

I have created a flow with the Data process node by passing the data grid variable as an input variable. When I tried to test the flow I got the below error in the log file.

"2017-01-24 10:14:30,462 INFO   com.sas.rtdm.implementation.resource.JDBCConnectionPool - Resource $SAS_Activity_Resource Server URL jdbc:sastkts://host-name :24141/ is out of service

com.sas.analytics.ph.RTDMException: JDBC Connection Pool is not initialized and cannot be used.
at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.resource.JDBCConnectionPool.getConnectionPools(JDBCConnectionPool.java:378)"

Please let me have your inputs?

Regards,

Siva

shill
SAS Employee

That means your JDBC system resource definition isn't matching up with your environment (host name, port, or credentials), or the Fed Server isn't running.

But now we're venturing into technical support's domain, so I recommend you open a ticket on this now that there's a specific error message involved.

malikehsan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 
Wondering if you were able to solve this issue. I'm having the same issue with RTDM. I get the 24141 is out of service message in my log. Would you be able to recommend a solution? 

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation