BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
krifa
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all, 

i get this erroror when i try to deploy a MA campagne to the scheduling server, 

if you can help me to resolve this.

I try to reconfigure MA 6.4 and Platform Process Manager without succeed.

On the CIS web log i found this:

2016-02-24 14:42:47,235 ERROR [CIAsyncExec-10] [ab1e04079ea7f7de:1f55a169:153134fa578:-7b00] [xxxxxx] .persistence.IOScheduleRepositoryManager - Connection to scheduling server could not be made : null scheduler, schedulerID or schedulerPW

Thanks for your help!

🙂

MA 6.4 Capture.PNG
25 REPLIES 25
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

to me this looks like your metadata or SASApp cannot find the process manager and/or your login/Authentication Domain.

My initial guess would be that you might not be in the group for Scheduling.... but let's review the steps.

What I would check, just with this information is, starting from the basics:

- First:

+ Check you have installed LSF and Process Manager (with hotfixes if required) and you tested it, as is:

LSF_Shared is accessible, your LIM, RES, SBD, and Platform Process Manager services are started and running fine, you can log in to LSF, run commands, send a process to be executed, you can log in Flow Manager, etc.

- Second:

+ You have the configuration on the SMC: your Platform Process Manager is configured under Server Manager:

It should have the correct version, the connection should have an Authentication domain (eg LSFAuth), the hostname of your compute server where LSF is installed, and the port number.

Note: very important that, if you have more than one compute or SASApp, the Platform Process Manager should be registered under the server/Object Spawner of your SASApp for MA(!!)

+ Then, you should hace an Scheduling group where you and all the users with scheduling permissions (and OS account) are included.

This group should have an account registered, your lsfuser or lsfadmin account. And this account should have the Authentication domain as specified above (eg LSFAuth)

- Third:

+ Restart your Object Spawners and your SAS Middle tier.

+ At this stage, if everything above is correct, you should be able to test if you can schedule with the Schedule manager or with DI, into the Process Manager. If this works, you can test also with MA, it should work too.

Let us know how it goes! 🙂

If you still get problems with this configuration, maybe the logs of your MA/Customer Intelligence web application can help to identify the issue.

krifa
Fluorite | Level 6

Many thanks for this steps, we really appreciate your help.

we can use the scedulibg and LSF for DIS joib, 

However, we can not use the scheduler from the SAS MA 6.4 web aplication.

I put the CIS log , if you can help me on this.

SAS LSF DIS TEST.PNGSAS MA Scheduling error.PNG
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

@LinusH: thanks for the compliment!

@krifa: could you please give us some more details of your deployment? (eg: 1 metadata server, 1 compute server for DI, 1 compute server for MA and 1 server for the middle tier-web). Was this working before and then suddenly it stopped working for MA? 

I also would would like to ask you: do you have admin permissions in the SAS Management Console? I am going to proceed as your answer would be a "yes".

If you can, as I expect, please give us the following details:

- An screenshot of the servers registered under each Object Spawner of yours. You can do this on the Plug-ins tab, Environment Management --> Server Manager --> each Object Spawner properties --> Servers tab (screenshot of this).

Thanks in advance!

krifa
Fluorite | Level 6

We have 2 servers (Unix for 64):

1. Meta and compute

2. Middel tier for all web aplication (MA ,VA, SNA,CLA)

i have the administration role.
Joint ths object spawner screen shot 

Sorry it's in french

server tab.png
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi, no need to apologize. Since I am spanish, I might not be able to speak french, but I can read it well and listen so-so 🙂

Thanks a lot for the information.

Have you got nonly one SASApp and one Object Spawner?

Could you please share with us an additional screenshot of your Server Manager folder tree under Plugins tab?

Something else and to focus much more on your problem:

1- Please verify that all the steps on your /Lev1/Documents/Instructions.html have been followed and implemented.

2- As far as I can recall, you should be able to find, on your groups defined in the metadata, yan specific group or role for Scheduling onto Customer Intelligence. This group will have an account under accoutns tab, and that account is attached to an Authentication Domain. This Authentication Domain is the one used on your definition of the Platform Process Manager server, and all the member of that group, are intended to view this scheduler and schedule jobs/flows.

Please note that, if you have more than 1 scheduler group, with different accounts, with different Authentication Domains, you might need to do one of those 2 options:

- Make those different accounts with the same Authentication Domain, and the same than your unique metadata definition of Platform Process Manager server

- Create additional definitions of Platform Process Manager servers, for the different Authentication Domains.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

just as follow up. Could you make any progress with this problem?

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @krifa, I hope you were able to move your campaign forward successfully! To benefit others in this forum who might encounter the same issue, would you take a moment and post what worked? Thank you for being a part of our communities!

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

krifa
Fluorite | Level 6

hello , 

extremely sorry for the late.

The problem was a missing file  "application.properties" under the <SASInstallDir>/SASMarketingAutomationLauncher/6.4/springconfig.

so i copy the same file from <SASInstallDir>/SASCustomerIntelligenceUtilities/6.4/spring-config" to <SASInstallDir>/SASMarketingAutomationLauncher/6.4/springconfig . and i update the ClientConfigServiceURL parameter.

I restart the Server and it s work for me .

Many thanks for your help

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager
Thank you for your reply! Hope you'll continue to post your questions in this forum and share other things that have worked for you.

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

Vetrov
Calcite | Level 5

What do you have specified as the URL for ClientConfigServiceURL?

I have same problem.

Vetrov
Calcite | Level 5

It did not help me...

On another my environment this file is missing, but LSF scheduler works fine

krifa
Fluorite | Level 6
Restart your web server.
you have to update the link if you are using SSL to https:\\
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 6 in conversation