BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
4everStudent
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone

I was wondering what you guys use to track performance of your marketing campaigns? We tried using Web report studio but found it extremely difficult and clunky to work with. Also, did you create seperate reporting schema or do you run the reports straight of the CDM?

Thanks, appreciate any insight

4 REPLIES 4
Ubaid_Darwaish
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I believe the CDM schema is organised enough to start off with your reporting for campaigns. Unless you want to build cubes to incorporate data like response-feedback from channels and the take-up. I will suggest using SAS Visual Analytcs, its in memory processing and data exploration will help you with that quick analysis and on the fly reports. Plus you don't have to worry about the cubes.

Thanks,

Ubaid

4everStudent
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Ubaid, I am specifically looking at running fixed, regular tracking reports and preferably something that the marketing manager can run themselves,  you know, those same response reports that shows uptske , ROI etc. As these are doing the same analysis for every single campaign , I dont want my designers to spend time running these reports.

I am worried that putting these reports directly on the CDM for fear of impacting performance of the actual campaigns.

Ubaid_Darwaish
Calcite | Level 5

From my experience, I believe a different database/table is required for reporting :-

1. When Volume of campaigns processed is huge, and the campaign run window overlaps the report run window.
  2. If reporting needs to consolidate results not only from CDM, but from other sources as well.
  3. If the campaign tracking reports need frequent run and the runs take long time.

Thanks,

Ubaid

pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9

The CDM is published to after a campaign is executed. I would think that as long as your CDM is not tied into the Information Map that your CI Studio reads from for campaigns you should not have any performance issues. 

For reporting we use an ETL on a nightly basis that reads from CDM and populates another schema for Tableau and Cognos users. 

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation