BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jlandz
Calcite | Level 5

Enahcning a decision campagin in customer intelligence studio tool, with a DATA PROCESS STEP.

Granularity. the goal for me is taking in 'list' variables or an array of variables, and for each nth element, insert a row in my table defined in the data process step. the table is sql server and tne need is to do a row insert.

I have a request call coming into my decision campaign, in customer intel studio. it has a number of vehicles for example from one request I can have a vecchile[1], vehicle[2], vehicle [3] each coming in as a list variable. my goal is to have the data process step insert one row for vehicle[1], and another for [2] and [3]. and yes there is redundant data on each record from the request variables and that's still a good thing, the other non array variables we still want to repeat on these inserts even though they are redundant.

How do I wire up the diagram without adding multiple data process objects. is there a sophisticated way of doing this?

so the picture is, I have a RQST-> RTDM-->INSERT INTO THE DATA PROCESS STEP 1-MANY ROWS --> RESPONSE BACK.

anyone out there accomplish this? other examples have all been forward 1:1 relationships. we store a requests inputs and the responses outputs. I want to do the same thing but my granularity is one to many.

3 REPLIES 3
ampdietrick
SAS Employee

You will most likely need to create a SAS Process using custom DS2 code to accomplish your goal.

jlandz
Calcite | Level 5

thanks. ok, so embed the ds2 in a sas process step as a node in the flow.   then I wonder if would wire up in the campaign flow "data process node" ---> data process step.  my ds2 would , output out, each nth set of values for my array. I could play with this.

jlandz
Calcite | Level 5
the other option I'm thinking as adding it to the decision treatment flows. that is the granularity care for. we will try this out.
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation