BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JM_VFAU
Obsidian | Level 7

We are currently using http protocol to send request to SAS RTDM servers, If we change the protocol to https, we would have install certificates on the SAS RTDM servers and we may also have to change the current port number that is used. The question here is if we do this, would this increase the response time of a request response from RTDM? I am assuming if server certificate has to be checked for each request.  We have F5 which controls the requests sent to multiple SAS RTDM servers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IvanBaranov
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello @JM_VFAU.

I would say the additional delay will depend on the latency between the server and the F5. Since SSL requires multiple back and forth iterations for the SSL handshake latency will play a siginificant role here. Usually, SSL handshake takes 4 legs in comparison to 2 legs for HTTP. 

However, for the situation where you have F5 and RTDM in the local network impact should be minor and based on our experience enabling SSL will add somewhere around 15-20ms for the request.

Ivan Baranov, Tier One Analytics

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
IvanBaranov
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello @JM_VFAU.

I would say the additional delay will depend on the latency between the server and the F5. Since SSL requires multiple back and forth iterations for the SSL handshake latency will play a siginificant role here. Usually, SSL handshake takes 4 legs in comparison to 2 legs for HTTP. 

However, for the situation where you have F5 and RTDM in the local network impact should be minor and based on our experience enabling SSL will add somewhere around 15-20ms for the request.

Ivan Baranov, Tier One Analytics
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation