BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alko13
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We have a SAS RTDM environment below in Redhat Linux: 

SAS 9.4 M5 (RTDM 6.5 if I am not mistaken)

Metadata

Compute

Midtier

And our objective is to deflash the old version and install below versions on different servers still on Redhat Linux:

SAS 9.4 M7 ( RTDM 6.6)

Metadata

Compute

Midtier

Will SMU migration work for above setup or is it recommended to perform partial promotion instead?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jpsm70
SAS Employee

The MA/RTDM migration guide says you should be able to use SMU. You should review the guide for detail steps and if you do not have one reach out to your SAS representative.

jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

If I stay with M7, how long will M7 be supported?

UPDATED 23OCT2023:  SAS 9.4M7 is in Standard Support until 01SEP2025.  Please see this page for more details SAS 9.4 & Earlier Releases | SAS Support

I found this from this post: https://communities.sas.com/t5/Ask-the-Expert/Upgrading-to-the-Latest-Version-of-SAS-9-4-M8-Q-amp-A-...

Maybe just something to think about when upgrading. Another way I can think of is to perform a same server upgrade. It will require downtime on the server but it will be easier for 'migration'. If I remember correctly, you just need to republish and activate the objects. If your system doesn't allow for downtime then I would go for partial promotion to make sure that each components and RTDM flow is working as expected. It depends on the complexity of the system.

Best if you can get help from a SAS I&C consultant and a SAS PSD consultant for efforts needed for such.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation