BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vinpres
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to sas platform.

Since few months I have started to use SAS for company where I work.

Main sas software I use is sas "data integration studio" for developing complex ETL (extract transformation loading) processes.

However, shortly I'll start to use sas customer intelligence studio and digital marketing studio tools.

All that I know about this tools is that they are tools specialized for marketing automation solutions and provides a way to create, manage, plan and execute marketing campaign.

At first glance, whithout I have used them, looks like both make the some thing.

So, what I want know and it's not clear for me, what is the main difference between sas customer intelligence studio and digital marketing studio?

Please, kindly, can any one help me?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkKorey_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @vinpres -

Yes, the relationship b/w CI Studio & Digital Marketing Studio is as you described it, but they are independent tools. For example you could pull a list via CI Studio to print mailing labels or send an email via another platform. How your company uses the pair of tools may vary from others. Dive in & give it a shot.

These are part of the SAS Marketing Automation suite. You're likely on a 6.x release (there isn't a 4.x version). Take a look at this documentation https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/ci/index.html

Your customer success manager can help you find more resources (e-Learning, etc.) that are applicable to your specific needs. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarkKorey_sas
SAS Employee

Hi vinpres,

Here's the easiest way I remember the difference:

SAS CI Studio - the tool for pulling a list (e.g. email segmentation)

SAS Digital Marketing Studio - the tool for sending you email to a list (e.g. email blast)

This is how the tools work in SAS CI 6.x version.

If/when your company upgrades to SAS Customer Intelligence 360, all this functionality (& a lot more) is tightly integrated in a web-based/cloud-based platform.

Hope that helps.

vinpres
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi MarkKorey_sas,

thanks for the response.

The version of SAS that I'm using in this moment is the 4.x version.

But, so, can we to assert that there is a relationship between SAS CI studio and SAS Digital Marketing studio?

That is to say, for example, with SAS Digital Marketing studio do we send eMail to a list defined with SAS CI Studio?

Or they are two indipendent tools?

Thanks in advance.

MarkKorey_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @vinpres -

Yes, the relationship b/w CI Studio & Digital Marketing Studio is as you described it, but they are independent tools. For example you could pull a list via CI Studio to print mailing labels or send an email via another platform. How your company uses the pair of tools may vary from others. Dive in & give it a shot.

These are part of the SAS Marketing Automation suite. You're likely on a 6.x release (there isn't a 4.x version). Take a look at this documentation https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/ci/index.html

Your customer success manager can help you find more resources (e-Learning, etc.) that are applicable to your specific needs. 

Hope this helps!

Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

When "SAS Digital Marketing" was introduced as a product, "Email" and "SMS" were considered "digital". The industry has since moved on, and it's no longer the case, and the naming is very confusing.

I wonder whether SAS Product Management and R&D have any plan to fix the naming as part of the upcoming 6.6 release, to somehow rename that legacy and deprecated product (and its UIs) to an alternative name (SAS On-Premise Email Marketing Studio) to reduce the degree of confusion with the current offering (CI360, CI360 Digital, CI360 Email, etc.)?

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
MarkKorey_sas
SAS Employee
I'm not aware of any plans to alter names. SAS Customer Intelligence 360 is the future of the SAS CI platform. From a naming convention perspective, CI360 is the umbrella for all the modules. Depending on a customers needs, individual modules can be licensed (e.g. Discover, Digital, Direct, Email, Plan, Optimize, etc.). Since CI360 is cloud-based (all accessible via a browser), new functionality is continuously rolled out (usually monthly). Read more at https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/customer-intelligence-360.html.
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation