BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
otepalborida
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi guys, Seeking for the help of anyone here who are knowledgeable in SAS Customer Intelligence. I am creating a calculated item in SAS, and just want to ask if i can call the marketing cell in the diagram and used it as an attribute for the calculated item that i am creating? Like i have this marketing cell in the diagram, it holds a set of data. Then i need that data that's why i want to used that marketing cell as an attribute. Thank you. Regards, Otep
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesAnderson
SAS Employee
Assuming these cells are the marketing cells attached to the communication node, I think you might be able to achieve this using a Treatment.
Create a treatment with a dynamic custom attribute called Segment_Info and create a Custom Detail Tag for this attribute so you can use it in an export. Assign the Treatment to each cell, and then set the value for each cell accordingly. Then in the export for the campaign include the Custom Detail Tag from the package.
Regards
James

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

No, SAS MA / SAS Customer Intelligence does not work this way.   

That said, in most situations, there would be other means to achieve whatever ultimately campaign requirements you are trying to meet
- but your post is vague and does not contain details of what you are actually trying to achieve (original inputs and final results - rather than the interim tool steps that you were looking for).

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
otepalborida
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @Dmitry_Alergant, what i am trying to do is here.

So I have an eligibility campaign to create offers for the clients. And in this campaign, i have some SPLIT node used to split the clients.

E.G.
Cell1 - Clients for Master Contract
Cell2 - Clients for Master Contract that will be flip

Assumption this Campaign was already executed.

Next, i will be creating a Communication Campaign.

In this campaign, i'll be getting all the clients that i"ve given an offer in the first campaign but there will be condition.

Assumption, this set of clients stored in CELL2 has SEGMENT_INFO = Y in SDM, using calculated items, i will get this set of clients and will flip it's SEGMENT_INFO value into SEGMENT_INFO = N.
JamesAnderson
SAS Employee
Hi otepalborida ,
If you mark the cells from the eligibility campaign as "Make cell available for linking" you can then use a link node in your communication campaign. This will pick up the people from the original cell proving you have unchecked "Use the most current data when referenced by a link" in the diagram properties of the eligibility campaign - this will re-use the cell population rather than generate it again.
If you want to further refine the cell membership you could then attach select nodes to the link nodes to ensure they still meet your criteria (eg SEGMENT_INFO=Y).
Regards
James
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi James,

Though the original poster has not said this explicitly, it appears to me that he is looking for a calculated item to Export the value of Segment_INFO (potentially flipped Y/N depending on the original Cell) into the communication output file.

If that is the case, then a possible option would be to create two communication nodes rather than one. Lead the selection through the diagram (and external Links) into these two nodes. This does not mean all logic on the Communication diagram must be duplicated. Instead, most of the logic (if it exists) can be drawn once - but then at the end, an additional "And" node with the Links to original Cell 1/Cell 2 would help split the selection into the two marketing cells and two respective communication nodes.

Then export different data items in each node depending on the campaign needs: a constant ('Y' or 'N', the unchanged Segment_Info data item, or a calculated item that does conditional flipping).

If producing two output files instead of one is not acceptable, it is possible to develop a Post-Process node that would merge both communication outputs into one file.

P.S> That being said, I have to admit that the "Segment_Info" flag "flipping" logic as described in the post is highly confusing and very usual. This seems like a hack (a part of a solution) in an attempt to meet some other primary business requirement.  Perhaps, true original business requirements would have another solution that would not require "flipping" the "Segment_Info" flag in the first place.

-------
otepalborida
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @Dmitry_Alergant,

Yes, thats correct, since i have 2 cells in Eligibility Cell, and these clients under the two cells will be used in Communication campaign, but there will be condition in the set of clients in ONE OF THE CELL, some of its original values needs to flip, thats why i decided to use a calculated items to flip its value.

And with that being said, that is normally what we do on the current business process, we randomly select set of clients and will flip its value (segment_info) into certain value.

And as you were suggesting is to create a 2 communication node in the communication campaign, right? But you've mentioned too about developing a Post Process Node that would merge both communication outputs into one file? May i know how it is being done, like can you give me some details or example?

Thanks also James for the input! I am only new here, so im still absorbing all the process and logic.

Regards,
Otep
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Why do you need to "flip" these flags in the first place? If by doing this you are just trying to separate and highlight a random Control Group for a campaign, then you should just use a Marketing Cell that you will mark as a Control Group (in addition to the primary marketing cell which is not a control group), and then export Marketing Cell -> Control Group Flag in your communication. You won't need to "flip" anything. If this is an A/B test, then there are also appropriate ways of dealing with that.

-------
otepalborida
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @Dmitry_Alergant ,it was a business case requirement. So here it is again.

Eligibility Campaign

- have  A/B Test Node (Challenger/Challenger) that split the cells into three (MC Pilot 1, MC Pilot 2, orbp only)

- it was executed.

TLS Communication Campaign

- This campaign will generate a call list.

- I will be getting all the clients in MC Pilot 1, MC Pilot 2, Orbp only.

- All this clients have SEGMENT_INFO = Y in SDM.

- Condition is, i need to change the value for SEGMENT_INFO of MC Pilot 2 into SEGMENT_INFO = N.

- So expectation are below, when the generated call list is created.

MC Pilot 1 will have SEGMENT_INFO = Y

MC Pilot will have SEGMENT_INFO = N

orbp only will have SEGMENT_INFO = Y

Can you help me on this item? 

Thanks.

Otep

JamesAnderson
SAS Employee
Assuming these cells are the marketing cells attached to the communication node, I think you might be able to achieve this using a Treatment.
Create a treatment with a dynamic custom attribute called Segment_Info and create a Custom Detail Tag for this attribute so you can use it in an export. Assign the Treatment to each cell, and then set the value for each cell accordingly. Then in the export for the campaign include the Custom Detail Tag from the package.
Regards
James
otepalborida
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @JamesAnderson , treatment for Communication Campaign or for Eligibility Campaign? Thank you.

otepalborida
Obsidian | Level 7

Also, can you help me on how to create a custom_detail tag? I've already added a field in the TLS Treatment.

otepalborida
Obsidian | Level 7

HI @JamesAnderson  i got it now. Though i need to confirm it with our consultant. I follow your suggestion to depend it on the treatment level and called it the export of the communication. Thank you!!

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation