BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Incin
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear SAS experts,

Is it possible to change read-only campaign version or status?

I am writing about approved campaigns. Users (without approval rights) would like to change status from "approved" to "design".
Is there any way to do it without resaving (saving as) campaign?

Best wishes,
Sergey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shill
SAS Employee
That's as-designed. The reason it behaves that way is because the mechanism provided to protect approved campaigns is the standard "Open as Read-Only" capability, which allows all the changes you want, but requires you to "Save As" to retain them.

There's no way to change the status of a campaign outside of the UI, and the intent of the status being "Completed" is to show that the campaign has ended, so putting it back in "Design" wouldn't be prudent.

I myself have advocated for a different approach to handling the protection of approved campaigns, so I definitely understand what you're trying to accomplish, but there's not a better answer than Save As today. I'd encourage you to submit feedback (https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/idb-p/sas_ideas) if you'd like to see this behavior changed!

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
shill
SAS Employee

If you haven't yet had it approved, there should be a "widthdraw" option:

Region Capture.png

But if you can only open it as read-only (I'm guessing you're using the Business Context option to force approved campaigns to be opened as read only?), the only way to get it back to Designing is for an approver to click "request" then "withdraw" then save it.

Incin
Obsidian | Level 7

@shill, thank you for reply! 

Here is a case. Business Context option "force approved campaigns to be opened as read only" is ON.

test_for_approve 2 campaign is Approved. 

However, "Create new version" and "Change campaign status" buttons are active.

1.jpg

The following window appears:

2.jpg

Then there is an entry in the historical table.

3.jpg

Unfortunately, the updated version of the campaign can not be saved. It confuses users.

This functionality is by design or is it a bug?

Can the status of the campaign be changed from "Completed\Approved" to "Design" using sas code when the campaign ends?

shill
SAS Employee
That's as-designed. The reason it behaves that way is because the mechanism provided to protect approved campaigns is the standard "Open as Read-Only" capability, which allows all the changes you want, but requires you to "Save As" to retain them.

There's no way to change the status of a campaign outside of the UI, and the intent of the status being "Completed" is to show that the campaign has ended, so putting it back in "Design" wouldn't be prudent.

I myself have advocated for a different approach to handling the protection of approved campaigns, so I definitely understand what you're trying to accomplish, but there's not a better answer than Save As today. I'd encourage you to submit feedback (https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/idb-p/sas_ideas) if you'd like to see this behavior changed!

Incin
Obsidian | Level 7

@shill, thank you for the detailed answer!

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation