wumi
Calcite | Level 5

Am planning on taken the sas 9 base programming

can anyone help me with dummies or question pools and materials

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

I would recommend using the SAS Base Certification Guide - it has explanations for the questions and tutorials before each set of questions. If you purchase the certification package it has a sample exam. 

You'll find questions online but in my experience you can't guarantee the quality and since SAS has changed a lot the older stuff is especially problematic, unless you want to learn the old way of doing things. If you're willing to wade through the crap while trying to learn that means also trying to determine if the question is correct, still valid, or wrong along with learning the actual material.

beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello,

Reeza's comments and suggestions are good ones.  In addition, I would recommend that you go to the SAS Global Certification web site at:  https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification.html .  The BASE Programmer credential is outlined in great detail on our site and there are links to practice exams available under exam preparation.  It is important that you have practical, working experience with SAS before you sit for the exam so working through the exercises in the certification prep guide can be a useful tool in your preparation. 

Hope this helps.  Also there are many threads on the board here on the Certification Community site that you can see that basically offer up many of these same suggestions.

wumi
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you both for your responses. I will get the certification guide. What edition of the certification guide do you recommend? And can I get a link to that?

Thanks
beccagre
SAS Moderator
As I mentioned in my previous reply, books and other preparation tips and materials are available at our certification website under Exam preparation. Look there for the Certification Prep Guide information.
wumi
Calcite | Level 5

Okay

thanks

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation