BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Dear All,

SAS Certification comes along with a license?

I have noticed multiple times in so many LinkedIn profiles and resumes, people proudly assert from license number along with the mention of SAS certified programmer etc. I would know what is that? Is it some sort of license to practice a SAS applied career? 

I thought I progressed fairly well so far, but when I see such profiles and that too some accomplishments in very short intervals like within 3 months in a year, i noticed people with so many certifications if not all that SAS offers lol, makes me feel dumb and inferior. Well, sure I am not smart, but I am just curious to find out how to get those license numbers in a relatively easier way 🙂 ?

I'd appreciate your responses.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@novinosrin No "license" required to be a practicing SAS professional 🙂

Are you perhaps referring to the Acclaim badge -- the digital badge that allows you to show a verified credential?

Send a screenshot of a LinkedIn item that shows what you mean...

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Good afternoon Sir, Thank you for your response. I have attached the screenshot. I tried pasting it, but it didn't work and I don't know how. Sorry for the inconvenience.

dpage
SAS Employee
https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/resources/certified-professionals-directory.html
Is the registry of record. If I login to my account on integral7 I can see a SAS-###### - as my registry ID - maybe that's what people are using?
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello,

It appears from the screen shot you sent that this person has manually filled in this number on LinkedIn.  The number is not a license number but it is the Certificate ID number that is printed on the person's individual certificate that they can print out for themselves through our certification records management system.  As Chris Hemedinger mentions in his response, as a candidate, when you earn a SAS credential, you can obtain a digital badge through our Acclaim digital badging system.  The digital badge can be shared on LinkedIn and has verifiable metadata that can be used to verify a person's credential. 

I hope this answers your question or at least helps to clarify what that number actually is. 

Kindest regards,

Becky

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Gottcha, Thank you!

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation