BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jebastin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have been doing programming scenarios in the base SAS guide. In the 5th scenario, it mentioned that i need to open a file (Folder => EHS, file => ehs01) and correct the errors in that program. But I have done all my initial set up as it is been asked me to do. But that file is still missing.... I can still see the answers from the book. it's fairly a simple question. But I'm just curious to know where is that file.

Thanks in advance !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ed_sas_member
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @Jebastin 

I also experienced these inconsistencies with the book.

-> The dataset 'Aprbills' can be accessed with the libname 'Cert' and not 'Clinic'

-> The dataset 'Heart' for scenario 6 can be accessed with the libname 'Sashelp' (no Excel file supplied)

Best,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ed_sas_member
Meteorite | Level 14

hi @Jebastin,

When you download the practice data as described in the certification guide, you should have a base-guide-practice-data zip folder. When you unzip it to a location that is accessible to SAS, you can then run the cre8data.sas program. It should create all the practice files you need. Especially, you should visualize a folder named ‘cert’ and also a folder named ‘ehs’.

This folder ‘ehs’ contains the program you want.

Best,

Jebastin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @ed_sas_member ,

Thank you so much for your help....

I can pull the 'ehs' folder now. But the problem now is, It's not referring the CLINIC data set. Is there anyway to run the libref statement for clinic data set the way we do it for 'cert' folder?

clinic.PNG

ed_sas_member
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @Jebastin 

I also experienced these inconsistencies with the book.

-> The dataset 'Aprbills' can be accessed with the libname 'Cert' and not 'Clinic'

-> The dataset 'Heart' for scenario 6 can be accessed with the libname 'Sashelp' (no Excel file supplied)

Best,

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation