BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Anurag12
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello all..!

I am Anurag I have compeleted the Big Data Professional Exam so I would like a help from you'll that how can I do projects to enchance my skills as it will be beneficial for me as a fresher in this Data Science domain. Furthermore,I will be giving SAS Certified Data Scientist Exam soon as my lectures start within this year.

So,for the time being since i feel like that I have basic knowledge of Data Analysis with SAS as a tool so I'm looking forward to solve some real world problems,working in Projects and become better which will help me a lot on my C.V(Resume) and as a newbie to this domain.

So kindly tell me about Projects or entertain me in some of your Data Science Projects..looking forward for your help..😇

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cernve
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Anurag,

Congrats on your exams. You may want to have a look at the links below:

for better practise, you may leverage the practise by using the SAS tools you are comfortable with.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cernve
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Anurag,

Congrats on your exams. You may want to have a look at the links below:

for better practise, you may leverage the practise by using the SAS tools you are comfortable with.

Good Luck.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Congratulations on passing the Big Data Professional exams. If you took the Data Curation exam, then you only had to take 1 exam. If you were doing the Big Data Professional certification, then that credential required 2 exams. In either case, the big data portion of the Data Scientist credential is only part of the requirement for the Data Scientist credential from SAS.

The OTHER half of earning the Data Scientist credential requires that you finish 3 (three) analytic exams. We do not offer a single "Data Scientist exam" - candidates are automatically awarded the Data Scientist credential when they pass the exams for the 2 halves of the credential:
1st half is Big Data based:
either Big Data Profession (2 exams)
or Data Curation Professional (1 exam)

2nd half is Analytics based:
either Advanced Analytics Professional (3 exams)
or AI & ML Professional (3 exams)

(web site links below)

I don't know what credential you earned for the Big Data half of your credential. Now you need to decide how you will satisfy the Analytics portion of the exam requirement. If you have SAS Viya and want to concentrate on AI & ML, then there are 5 classes and 3 exams for that credential. On the other hand, if you have SAS Enterprise Miner and Text Miner and want to concentrate on Advanced Analytics with those tools, then you would concentrate on the Advanced Analytics credential and we have 9 classes to prepare you for these 3 exams.

Once you pass ALL the individual exams for your differing levels you will be awarded the Data Scientist credential. There is not just one exam to earn the Data Scientist credential. The SAS Academy for Data Science information page is here (for the US but the requirements are the same in other countries https://www.sas.com/en_us/training/academy-data-science/data-science-certification.html . You will see 3 different levels available for purchase on this page:
-- 1) Data Curation level: This level is composed of 4 classes and you must take and pass 1 exam to earn this credential. Here are the details: https://www.sas.com/en_us/training/academy-data-science/data-curation-certification.html . (An alternative to Data Curation for Level 1 is the Big Data Professional credential, which is the original credential that was retired in March when we updated the program to the Data Curation level. The Big Data Professional credential was composed of 9 classes and 2 exams. The exam for this credential is still available but will be retired in October 2021.)
-- 2a) Advanced Analytics Professional level: This level is composed of 9 classes and you must take and pass 3 exams to earn this credential. Here are the details: https://www.sas.com/en_us/training/academy-data-science/advanced-analytics-certification.html .
-- 2b) AI & Machine Learning level: This level is composed of 5 classes and you must take and pass 3 exams to earn this credential. Here are the details: https://www.sas.com/en_us/training/academy-data-science/ai-machine-learning-certification.html .

I hope this helps explain how the credential exams work.
Cynthia

Anurag12
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @Cynthia_sas for such a descriptive explanation but my main concern is working on some real life projects and gaining experience.

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation