BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kosmirnov
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Can u suggest any books or online courses in order to prepare for the SAS Base exam ? (besides the preparation guide)
I'm specifically looking for actual exam questions samples and exam simulations, in which the answers are explained.

Furthermore, what is your experience regarding the workload? I'm working full-time, so I'm not sure how much weeks/months/weekends I need to spend. However, I have already some SAS experience since I attended university lectures. What is your experience? 

Thanks,

KS

1 REPLY 1
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

I'm somewhat biased as I built the site, but https://sasensei.com is a great place to test your SAS knowledge, not least because the questions / answers all come with explanations - so you can understand why it was / wasn't the right answer.

Furthermore, each question is peer reviewed, so you are unlikely to find incorrect answers (like some of the examples out there in the wild web).

Once you have amassed enough reputation, you can take short SAS quizzes (12 questions) and measure yourself against others.  

Finally, once you have green belt, you are able to submit new questions.  Writing SAS questions (with explanations) takes a fair bit of thinking, and so it's actually a great way to revise!  As well as a way to earn tokens that you can re-use for more quizzes.

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation