BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pj0204
Calcite | Level 5

Hello I'm Jose.

How I get  this folder or file: \workshop\diacs. I use SAS Studio on web and I can't open demo.sas to kept my course online.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

There is one demo in the the SAS Data Management Tools and Applications class in the Data Curation Professional module. This is the demo in Lesson 1 that uses SAS Studio which is for the instructor only as shown below.

I have checked with the course instructors for this demo, students should just watch the demo. Students are NOT intended to repeat the same demo steps in the Virtual Lab. As you noted, there is not a SAS Studio icon in the Virtual Lab for you to use.

The main focus of the course is on understanding the use of the Data Management tools such as Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio and the SAS Quality Knowledge Base, not on running SAS/Access code. The intent of the demo was to illustrate how SAS/Access code can be used to access data in a consistent way, with code techniques. This demo is more of an overview. Then, in the subsequent lessons in the course, you will discover that the various SAS applications are able to leverage the SAS/Access technology to provide a consistent access method for accessing many data sources and different data formats.

The instructor, in the video, had a special configuration of software with the correct mix of SAS/Access products to run the code. This configuration was not made available to the students, since the code method is not the main focus of the course.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

There is one demo in the the SAS Data Management Tools and Applications class in the Data Curation Professional module. This is the demo in Lesson 1 that uses SAS Studio which is for the instructor only as shown below.

I have checked with the course instructors for this demo, students should just watch the demo. Students are NOT intended to repeat the same demo steps in the Virtual Lab. As you noted, there is not a SAS Studio icon in the Virtual Lab for you to use.

The main focus of the course is on understanding the use of the Data Management tools such as Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio and the SAS Quality Knowledge Base, not on running SAS/Access code. The intent of the demo was to illustrate how SAS/Access code can be used to access data in a consistent way, with code techniques. This demo is more of an overview. Then, in the subsequent lessons in the course, you will discover that the various SAS applications are able to leverage the SAS/Access technology to provide a consistent access method for accessing many data sources and different data formats.

The instructor, in the video, had a special configuration of software with the correct mix of SAS/Access products to run the code. This configuration was not made available to the students, since the code method is not the main focus of the course.

Cynthia

pj0204
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

I would like to use "SAS Studio 3.8" on my PC. I downloaded webedt file and install it. When I run SAS STudio I get a new browser tab: "http://localhost:50758/nosasfound"  and a message: "SAS Studio can't find SAS installation". I haven't a folder SASHome neither.   

What do I have to do now?.

I have been using SAS Studio On line. 

Thanks for all.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm confused. I thought you were working in the Data Curation classes of the SAS Academy for Data Science. If that is the case, you cannot use a local version of SAS Studio to do the work. You must use the Virtual Lab Reservation System to make a reservation and then practice inside the Virtual Lab.
If you install a "local" copy of SAS Studio, it expects to have the SAS.EXE file either on your local C: drive or available on a server on your network. SAS Studio is just an interface that communicates to SAS.
Can you clarify what you are trying to do? If you want to work with the SAS Academy for Data Science classes, then you must use the Virtual Lab to practice.
If you want to take other classes, like the free Programming 1 and the free Statistics 1 classes -- which is where most people start with training -- then you are expected to have your own access to SAS either through work or school or by using one of our free methods. The SAS Academy for Data Science, however, cannot be practiced on the free methods.
So, the free methods are: SAS University Edition in a Virtual Machine or SAS OnDemand for Academics -- but, let me just say it again -- you CANNOT practice the SAS Academy for Data Science classes using either of these free methods.
Why do you need SAS Studio on your PC? What exact class title are you trying to work with?
Cynthia
pj0204
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia.
Sorry for don't be clear. I had two questions. One for the path or locations for practices files for Data Curation and 2 about SAS Studio instalación.
I'm training Programming 1 and Statistic free courses too. I have been using SAS Studio Online and I had thougth that was posible install programa on my PC.. I am a Foreign Learning student.
Now, I'm clear about all this. Thanks so much.