BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
baden85
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Am trying to set-up the SAS Visual Analytics. I can't locate the SASVisualAnalyticsHub from the bookmarks bar as advised. Do we need to have SAS or a certain software downloaded and installed to connect?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The URL for SAS VA Hub is similar to this: https://MySASWebVA.com/SASVisualAnalyticsHub/index.jsp

Ask your SAS administrator for the correct address for MySASWebVA.com, the web address of your SAS VA web server. Nothing needs to be installed on your client computer to access it.

baden85
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SASKiwi,

Thanks for the response. Who is my SAS administrator? I purchased the Big Data package and am using my personal laptop. Is it SAS that is supposed to provide the "correct address for MySASWebVA.com"? That information hasn't been mentioned in the instructions to set-up. I suspected something is missing but i can't tell what it is!

The instructions i have are as follows (see my notes in bold):

Instructions: Setting Up SAS Visual Analytics for This Course

1. Open Internet Explorer from the task bar.

2. From the browser window, select SASVisualAnalyticsHub from the bookmarks bar.

The SAS Visual Analytics sign-in page appears.

{I don't even get to this stage}

If the SAS Visual Analytics sign-in page does not appear, refer to the Troubleshooting

{Trying to troubleshoot but i have no D:\  disk}

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

As I explained, you need to make a reservation for the Virtual Lab. Look at the1-15-2019 entry here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Academy-for-Data-Science/Virtual-Lab-recommendations/m-p/527557#M... for some screen shots of the process.

Cynthia

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

If you are working in the SAS Academy for Data Science classes, then there is a document on top of the first lesson in the Table of Contents for the VA class that shows you how to set up the LASR servers in the Visual Analytics Hub. You do NOT need to download any software to your computer when you are taking these classes. However, you MUST read the instructions for how to make a Virtual Lab Reservation (look on the right side of the VLE screen) and you must make a reservation to use the Virtual Lab.

There have been previous postings about the VA Hub and how you start the application from a bookmark bar that is INSIDE the Virtual Lab. To get INSIDE the Virtual Lab, you need to first make a reservation. There have been previous postings about making a reservation and on the right side of your screen in the VLE, you'll see instructions about how to make reservations. The Virtual Lab Reservation System is locked until you read the documentation for how to make reservations.

Once you unlock the Reservation System, then all you need to do to get access to the software is make a reservation for the Virtual Lab -- then when you use a browser INSIDE your Virtual Lab session, you'll see a favorite for the Visual Analytics Hub.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia