BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
afilho
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All,

I need help to have access of to SAS Visual Analytics  for

Academy of Data Sciences - Module 1 - Course 2 - Exploring Data with SAS Visual Analytics,

the instructions on  "Required setup - ..." and  on Chapter 1 -  "Activity" on "Using the SAS Visual Analytics Home Page"

starts with the following instructions (see also screen shot attached)

"1. Open Internet Explorer from the task bar;

2. From the browser window, select SASVisual/AnalyticsHub from the bookmarks bar."

I am working from a macbook pro using Safari browser. First, I do not have Internet Explorer, second, the second point seems odd.

I am wondering if the mentioned instruction is consistent with Academy of Data Sciences e-learning course settings.

Unless I missed it, I could not find anywhere in the Academy of Data Science portal, clear instructions how to access SAS Visual Analytics from Safari.

Thank you in advance for your help. Kind Regards

Aldir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheresaStemler
SAS Moderator

Hi Aldir,

You need to make a reservation to access SAS software image through Amazon Web Services. You will need to use the Virtual Lab Reservation System location within your course. There is a link on the Data Science Community page with these instructions. It is on the right side of the scree, labeled "Reserving Software Lab Time".

Next, when you are working in the Exploring Data with SAS Visual Analytics course, you will need to start the LASR servers in order to access the VA data. Look in your course, at the section entitled "Required Setup - Loading the Data for Exercises in this Course", as shown in the screen shot below:

In order to work with the VA data, you need to follow the Required Setup steps

-theresa

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
My understanding is that you need to make your reservation and then use Internet Explorer from inside the Virtual Lab to start Visual Analytics. All the software is INSIDE the Virtual Lab, not on your machine. So the browser you use is INSIDE the Virtual Lab after you set up your reservation.

cynthia
TheresaStemler
SAS Moderator

Hi Aldir,

You need to make a reservation to access SAS software image through Amazon Web Services. You will need to use the Virtual Lab Reservation System location within your course. There is a link on the Data Science Community page with these instructions. It is on the right side of the scree, labeled "Reserving Software Lab Time".

Next, when you are working in the Exploring Data with SAS Visual Analytics course, you will need to start the LASR servers in order to access the VA data. Look in your course, at the section entitled "Required Setup - Loading the Data for Exercises in this Course", as shown in the screen shot below:

In order to work with the VA data, you need to follow the Required Setup steps

-theresa

mh248398863
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Theresa,

your response is really helpful. I think that's something SAS can improve in the course, since I had the same confusion when trying to access the Visual analytics application. The description without mentioning virtual machine is some sort confusing.

Vjeshurun
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Teresa. I also ran into the same issue. 

TheresaStemler
SAS Moderator
Yay!. Glad to help 🙂 Good luck in your studies and please continue to post your questions here.

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation