BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mandronicou
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am currently studying Introduction to Pattern Discovery of Module 3: Predictive Modeling.

I am trying to run the Cluster Node on the CENSUS2000 data Source (in the Segmentation Analysis Diagram), however it seems to be taking a long time to run (currently running for 20minutes). Is this normal? (FYI: I have used the AAEM library to import the table in my project). 

I have also tried running a Cluster Node on the DUNGAREE data source (from the AAEM library) and again it is taking a long time to run. I did not leave it on for more than 20 minutes.

Can you please help with this?

Best regards,

Maria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, you should not need this line of code when you are using Enterprise Miner in the Virtual Lab. However, if you are running Enterprise Miner 14.2 in an older Virtual Lab or at work or school, then the information is here (from an older version of the course):

Cynthia_sas_0-1587322715108.png

Sorry it is so tiny. The statement is:

goptions reset=all device=png;

We are referring this item to the e-learning team for a note in the 15.1 class. Thanks for pointing this out!

Cynthia

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Our web team is investigating the image for this class. We'll post back as soon as we have something to report.
Cynthia
mandronicou
Fluorite | Level 6

@Cynthia_sas  It seems that I need to run a Startup Code first, but I did not find any instructions on how to do this.

I have looked both in the Text version of the online demo (as mentioned in the hint below) and the Course notes.

SAS EM - Cluster Node RunTime.PNG

Can you please help?

Thank you!

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
First, regarding the Cluster Node issue, there was a problem on the image. That issue is not completely fixed yet.

Next, I need to know exactly where you are in the course in order to find the code that you are looking for. Please provide this information:
1) Module: Advanced Analytics Professional
2) Class Title:
3) Lesson #:
4) Section #:
5) Demo, Practice or Activity Title:

We need to find the exact place you're finding that call out note because we can't search the videos for the note, so the only way to track it down is knowing exactly where you are in the course when you see that box in the video.
Thanks,
Cynthia
mandronicou
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Cynthia,

The information requested:

1) Module: Module 3: Predictive Modeling
2) Class Title: Applied Analytics Using SAS® Enterprise Miner™
3) Lesson #: Lesson 2: Pattern Discovery Using SAS® Enterprise Miner™
4) Section #: Cluster Analysis
5) Demo, Practice or Activity Title: Adding a Cluster Node (0:20 seconds in, the hint appears on screen)

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Maria

rajivp2001
Calcite | Level 5
I have the same issue. I tried running the cluster node on Dungaree and it took more than 30 minutes until my session timed out.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Is your issue the first issue, with the cluster node taking too long? In which case, we are still working on that issue. Or the second issue -- trying to find the code in the callout box -- in which case, I have to ask the course instructors who built the image.
Cynthia
rajivp2001
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia, 

My issue is the first one - cluster node taking too long. I will wait to hear from you once its resolved.

Thanks

Rajiv

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, you should not need this line of code when you are using Enterprise Miner in the Virtual Lab. However, if you are running Enterprise Miner 14.2 in an older Virtual Lab or at work or school, then the information is here (from an older version of the course):

Cynthia_sas_0-1587322715108.png

Sorry it is so tiny. The statement is:

goptions reset=all device=png;

We are referring this item to the e-learning team for a note in the 15.1 class. Thanks for pointing this out!

Cynthia

mandronicou
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Cynthia,

I can confirm that the Cluster Node is now working.

Thank you,

Maria.