BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Cin08
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Today I used the VLRS to practice I learned in the couse SAS Data Scientist; I entered with the user Eric; however I couldn't open Data Explorer, the page sent the next message:

Cin08_0-1586650922621.png

I followed the instructions to enable/install it but was unsuccessful. Could you tell me what should I do or how to solve this problem? 

Additionally, when I open SAS Analytics Server with someone user(Eric or Christine; for example)  I can't see the action button area.

Very thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When you are working in the Virtual Lab, if you are prompted to install Adobe Flash Player, you need to exit out of the browser you're using and switch to Firefox in the Virtual Lab. Only Firefox allows you to click to use Flash. Chrome and IE in the Virtual Lab do not support installation of Flash.

To help you in more detail, we need to know EXACTLY where you're working. The Data Curation level has 4 classes; the Advanced Analytics level has 9 classes and the AI&ML level has 5 classes. If you are logging on as Eric or Christine, that implies you are using either the Data Curation classes or the Advanced Analytics classes. But we need to know the following detailed information to provide specific help:
1) Name of Module (Data Curation or Advanced Analytics)
2) Name of Class:
3) Lesson #:
4) Section in Lesson:
5) Demo, Activity or Practice Title:
6) Any error messages:
7) Browser used in Virtual Lab:

If using Firefox does not help with your Flash issue, then please put all of the above information in an email and send it to edusubscriptionservices@sas.com -- we have instructors on duty to help with questions once we have all the relevant information.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When you are working in the Virtual Lab, if you are prompted to install Adobe Flash Player, you need to exit out of the browser you're using and switch to Firefox in the Virtual Lab. Only Firefox allows you to click to use Flash. Chrome and IE in the Virtual Lab do not support installation of Flash.

To help you in more detail, we need to know EXACTLY where you're working. The Data Curation level has 4 classes; the Advanced Analytics level has 9 classes and the AI&ML level has 5 classes. If you are logging on as Eric or Christine, that implies you are using either the Data Curation classes or the Advanced Analytics classes. But we need to know the following detailed information to provide specific help:
1) Name of Module (Data Curation or Advanced Analytics)
2) Name of Class:
3) Lesson #:
4) Section in Lesson:
5) Demo, Activity or Practice Title:
6) Any error messages:
7) Browser used in Virtual Lab:

If using Firefox does not help with your Flash issue, then please put all of the above information in an email and send it to edusubscriptionservices@sas.com -- we have instructors on duty to help with questions once we have all the relevant information.

Cynthia
Cin08
Calcite | Level 5

Very thank you, using Firefox in the Virtual Lab I can access to Data Explorer!

I suggest explaining this in the documentation; since in the instructions "SAS Visual Analytics configuration for this course" asks to open Internet Explorer, for this reason I didn´t try Firefox.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Look on the desktop of the Virtual Lab image. There is a document entitled:
UseFireFoxNotIEorChrome.docx
or
UseFireFoxNotIEorChrome.txt
Here's what the inside of the Word doc looks like:

Cynthia_sas_0-1586828421725.png

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pass it on.
Cynthia