BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BL_463_IDR
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All, 
I want to export dataset (.bdat) to ".accdb", but the SAS System Stopped Processing the step.

i used this step to export the dataset:

PROC EXPORT DATA= ccmart.appcard_20202021_datamart
OUTTABLE= "Sheet1"
DBMS=ACCESSCS REPLACE;
DATABASE="C:\SAS_TEMP\CARD_TEMP\DATAMART_TEMP\appcard_20202021_datamart.accdb";
RUN;

when i run the export step, the system stop processing because this error below;

ERROR: CLI execute error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database '|'. It may
not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.
WARNING: File deletion failed for _IMEX_.Sheet1.DATA.
ERROR: Export unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE EXPORT used (Total process time):
real time 7:12.00
cpu time 10.29 seconds

Note: i run this step daily, but today the error show up. (The file that succeed to export, has size > 2 gigabytes)

for further information 
- SAS 9.4
- size of dataset that i want to export is 515 megabytes
- Office 365

5 REPLIES 5
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
I suggest to open a ticket for this: https://www.sas.com/en_us/contact/technical-support.geo.html
If you prefer to investigate before opening a ticket you can open a new sas session and save the accdb file in a different location (ex. usb stick) and attach the log-file here so we can have a closer look.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is this a new Access database or an existing one? If it is existing then try writing to a new one in case the existing one is corrupt.

BL_463_IDR
Calcite | Level 5

it was an exisiting accdb file name.  I created a new accdb filename as you suggested, and it was worked, but it couldn't run for the second time coz the same error. 

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
What happens if you try this with a small dataset like for instance sashelp.class?
Is the SAS PC Files Server running locally? I assume, yes.
If yes, can you verify security information? What user starts the SAS PC Files Server? What security is implemented on the folder where you write the accdb file? Does the user that start the SAS PC Files Server have Full control?
KaueMAlmeida
Obsidian | Level 7

It seems that you don't have access to replace the Access database. 

Isn't the file being used for your SAS process? This could be a reason for your problem.

Try creating a new file and then merge with the previous file.

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation