BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
odesh
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I have a rather elementary but important problem.  I cannot find the starter programs of the type dsh02e04 i.e. starter programs beginning with dsh. The starter programs that I am finding are those beginning with hp........ Please see the attachment.  

I have been able to run a number of example DS2 programs but I cannot do the exercises in Chapter 2 ( DS2 programming essentials).

I did go through the data setup ( running both cre8data.bat and cre8data.sas ). I checked cloudera manager and the servers were all green ( except sqoop ) before going into SAS Studio.

Thanks.

Odesh.

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
I believe you are looking in the wrong folder the DIACHD folder is for the Introduction to SAS and Hadoop course. The DS2 course has a separate folder for the programs and as you noted, the programs all have different names.

If you go to the higher level in Windows Explorer, you are supposed to look in the DS2H folder, not the DIACHD folder, as shown in the instructions in step 1.b:

ds2h_data.png

When you run cre8data.bat, it needs to be the .BAT file in the DS2H folder, not the DIACHD folder.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

odesh
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the higher-level folder as you suggested.

I think that this would be the weekend ( 3rd  in the month  ) when the SAS servers would be down for maintenance. So I would have to wait until next Monday to go to the other ( ds2h ) folder . Am I right ?

Thanks.

Odesh.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Yes, this weekend is the 3rd weekend maintenance outage, so the e-learning server may be down and you would not be able to use the Reservation System.
Cynthia

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation