BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
odesh
Quartz | Level 8

Hello.  I am having a missing data file message when I go through the data setup.

Please see the attachment. I really need to get this resolved this morning as I am behind in my exercises.

Thanks.

Odesh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The instructors who teach this class said that sometimes the services and servers are just slow coming up. It's possible that in the time it didn't work, one of the crucial servers was still starting. That's why they recommended checking Cloudera Manager before you submitted cre8data.bat, to make sure that everything is "green" before you start.

Glad it worked out!

Cynthia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I believe you have also sent a request to the SAS Academy support team about this. The instructors who teach the course asked whether you had run cre8data.bat FIRST, as shown in #1.c in the instructions. If that .BAT file worked, it does the setup on the server, then you should be able to connect to SAS Studio and run the cre8data.sas.

Do not confuse the 2 files. You MUST run cre8data.bat first and THEN run cre8data.sas. In a longer email, I sent you instructions about how to check Cloudera Manager to make sure that all the servers were green before you started with cre8data.bat. Did you get that mail with the long set of instructions? If not, please email training@sas.com and I will email them again.

Thanks,

Cynthia

odesh
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Cynthia,
I did run the BAT file first ( Step #1c ) and the setup worked perfectly
THIS time. But last time I had done the same thing and I was getting the
missing file error. Hmmm.

I did run the .BAT file before the .SAS file. I also did receive the long
email which was VERY helpful. Thank you ( and the instructors) very much.

I was able to do a number of the Hadoop/HIveQL exercises..

Regards.
Odesh.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The instructors who teach this class said that sometimes the services and servers are just slow coming up. It's possible that in the time it didn't work, one of the crucial servers was still starting. That's why they recommended checking Cloudera Manager before you submitted cre8data.bat, to make sure that everything is "green" before you start.

Glad it worked out!

Cynthia

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation