BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
brunolaspada
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, i am following the sas programming 1 with sas studio interface. At lesson 2, first activity, is required to open the storm summary table from the data folder. Unfortunately I can not find this file in the data folder. I just noticed there is a excel file in the data folder called storm and including the same information, but is not the file required by the excercise and so i can not follow the exercise steps. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

On the e-learning it should be the first part where it says Course Overview and Data Setup (Required). Here is a link, it should get you there.

There are also some videos that can help you during the setup. Here is the link for those: Videos. Make sure to watch the video for your specific setup.

- Peter

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
Reeza
Super User
Did you run the programs to create thee SAS data sets? if so, the files are in the folder just above Data (EPG194) or in the PG1 library I believe.
brunolaspada
Fluorite | Level 6

thanks for replying reeza. 

I can not find the file in the folder neither in the libriary so i think i have not excecuted the program. could u link the instructions?

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

On the e-learning it should be the first part where it says Course Overview and Data Setup (Required). Here is a link, it should get you there.

There are also some videos that can help you during the setup. Here is the link for those: Videos. Make sure to watch the video for your specific setup.

- Peter

Emily123
Calcite | Level 5

Hi I came across the same issue, but my situation is a little different. I am using SAS OnDemand for Academics. I am pretty sure I set up the data sets correctly because I am able to find PG1 library and the exact table under the PG1 library. I am able to perform other tasks. To double check, I went through the video, and I did exact the same thing as shown in the video. However, when I ran the code, it still says "file does not exist". I got some confused. Could you please help me?

71 proc contents data="EPG194/data/storm_summary.sas7bdat";
ERROR: File EPG194/data/storm_summary.sas7bdat does not exist.

Reeza
Super User

That path looks incorrect for Academics on Demand. Use the Servers Files and Folders pane and find the file. Right click it and select properties. That will provide the path. 

@Emily123 wrote:

Hi I came across the same issue, but my situation is a little different. I am using SAS OnDemand for Academics. I am pretty sure I set up the data sets correctly because I am able to find PG1 library and the exact table under the PG1 library. I am able to perform other tasks. To double check, I went through the video, and I did exact the same thing as shown in the video. However, when I ran the code, it still says "file does not exist". I got some confused. Could you please help me?

71 proc contents data="EPG194/data/storm_summary.sas7bdat";
ERROR: File EPG194/data/storm_summary.sas7bdat does not exist.

sbyfield
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you ....  thank you!  That worked great.  I was having the exact same issue and was seeing the file in MyFolder but when I was using the location of it, the file name was too long.  Such an easy resolution😁

RobertRoutledge
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

the file "storm_summary" does not exist in my data folder.

I'm using SAS University Edition and have followed all the steps in the Course setup. I get the following message when I run setup.sas:

/*
NOTE: Libref PG1 was successfully assigned as follows:
Engine: V9
Physical Name: /folders/myfolders/EPG194/data
*/

I have attached a screenshot so you can hopefully help me access storm_summary.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

According to your screen capture, a SAS data set named storm_summary does not exist in that folder.

Did you try the suggestions already mentioned in this thread?

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

Run the following and post the log:

proc contents data="/files/myfolders/EPG194/storm_summary.sas7bdat";
run;

In my EGP194 the data set is one level above the data folder. 

@RobertRoutledge wrote:

Hi,

the file "storm_summary" does not exist in my data folder.

I'm using SAS University Edition and have followed all the steps in the Course setup. I get the following message when I run setup.sas:

/*
NOTE: Libref PG1 was successfully assigned as follows:
Engine: V9
Physical Name: /folders/myfolders/EPG194/data
*/

I have attached a screenshot so you can hopefully help me access storm_summary.

RobertRoutledge
Calcite | Level 5

This worked, thank you. I still can't find where it said to do this in the instructions posted in the solution appearing earlier in this thread.

Kjfinny
Fluorite | Level 6

I also have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Need a bit more information. Where are running SAS? Are you using one of the free versions: SAS On Demand for Academics or SAS University Edition? Can you see the folders and programs for the course? The Activities, Demos, Practices folders?

You most likely need to set up the data correctly. In the solution answer there are some links.

- Peter

sam_ambegaonkar
Calcite | Level 5

The coursedata.zip file does not contain the storm_summary.sas7bdat table.

Regards,

Sameer

Isadora
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Peter,

I'm having the same problem following the SAS Programming 1 course using SAS University Edition. The file coursefiles.zip (https://vle.sas.com/pluginfile.php/800779/mod_scorm/content/66/coursefiles.zip) presented in Data Setup does not contain the file storm_summary.sas7bdat.

"Open this ZIP file and extract the files to the SASUniversityEdition/myfolders folder on your computer. The unzip process creates a folder named EPG1V2 that includes two SAS programs (setup.sas and createdata.sas) and five sub-folders: activitiesdatademosoutput, and practices."

Thanks for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats