BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Hi @Isadora ,

The zip file does contains a program that will create all the data you need for the course. 

Make sure you download the zip file for University Edition:UE.jpg

Then there is a video on how to create all the data for the course. Find the University Edition video:  https://communities.sas.com/t5/Promo-and-Sidebar-content/How-to-create-data-for-newest-SAS-Programmi...

Keep us posted

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Can you select libraries on the navigation pane on the left side and see if there is a library called PG1. I will look like this:

PG1.png

If you see it the table will be inside the library. Let us know if you do.

- Peter

brunolaspada
Fluorite | Level 6

thanks for replying Peter, 

In the libraries section i can only see this folder. 

brunolaspada
Fluorite | Level 6

I solved the issue. 

I had to complete the procedures for programming. 

thanks all 

leilak
Fluorite | Level 6

I have the same problem. How did you come up with solution? I cannot find the storm file.

brunolaspada
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi leilak, 

you need to run the two sas programs to create the data set. Here is the link https://vle.sas.com/mod/scorm/player.php?scoid=8085&cm=52062&currentorg=ORG-EPG194 including both the instructions you need to follow according the sas interface you are using. it refers to the first lesson of the sas programming 1 course and is a required step to continue the course. 

let me know if you solve the issue

leilak
Fluorite | Level 6

thank you. I found it Smiley Happy

farhouat
Calcite | Level 5

Did run the 2 programs: -1epg194 and 2epg194 and it is still not showing up. Not sure what procedure needs to be run.

Thanks

Reeza
Super User

Show the log from running those programs?

Was there any errors or did it run correctly?

farhouat
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply Reeza.

No, there were no errors, it did run correctly and I run it multiple times. Please take a look at attacchement.

Thanks a bunch

Reeza
Super User
You're checking in the work location that the file is not there? Looks like you're using EG, so you followed the exact set up instructions for EG? If it persists you can contact SAS Tech Support.
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Check the verified solution in the post. There is a link to the instructions on how to create the data for the course and a video on how to do it as well.

Let us know if it works for you.

- Peter

leilak
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you. I found it
thosaargau1
Calcite | Level 5

When you create pg1 with

libname pg1 "/folders/myfolders/EPG194/";

you will not find np_summary.

If you complete the path as follows:

libname pg1 "/folders/myfolders/EPG194/data";

it should work.

It solved the issue for me

msaikia
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry but I just figured out something I was unable to find in the responses to locate File name "Storm_Summary"), so I am writing the below steps which might be helpful for anyone just using the SAS Online. So this is something just after creation of PG1 folder under My Libraries, where people tend to see the folder empty:

-> Search for the pg1v2.sas under folder "data" which is under folder "EP1V2"

-> Click the Highlighted "pg1v2.sas" drag into the New SAS program and run it.

-> Then Go to "Libraries" and one would find "My Libraries" which again opens a number folders out of which one would be named "PG1" (the folder we are interested in)

-> Scroll Below one find "Storm_Summary".

Hope this helps! Good Luck

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats