BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
juju_p
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks a lot, this helps 🙂
Kjfinny
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for replying! Solved problem. I forgot to process that creatdata run when I installed the program. I did reinstall again and found the problem where I missed. 😁
abhinandu
Calcite | Level 5

when I run the first program, it is showing me this error. Any solution?Screenshot (98).png

Kjfinny
Fluorite | Level 6

In SAS studio, fallows the attached file task3.

you can find the data set.

alparslan
Fluorite | Level 6

I am having the same issue you had please help. 

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

@alparslan ,

You need to create all the SAS files for the course. The solution to this post links to what you need, but i'll paste it here for you:

On the e-learning it should be the first part where it says Course Overview and Data Setup (Required). Here is a link, it should get you there.

There are also some videos that can help you during the setup. Here is the link for those: Videos. Make sure to watch the video for your specific setup.

Looks like you are using SAS OnDemand for Academics. Find the video that says "SAS OnDemand for Academics with SAS Studio (new instructions 1/18/2019)". 

Sorry, made a mistake. Watch the video for University Edition. That video will create all the necessary data for the course.

- Peter

anranyu1996
Calcite | Level 5

proc contents data="/folders/myfolders/EPG194/data/storm_summary.sas7bdat";
run;

I use this code and it works well.

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Glad to hear! 

Eventually it''ll show you how to do it using a library name, which makes it a bit cleaner and easier to maintain. I believe it's in lesson 2.

- Peter

alparslan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Rich 

I am a beginner on this programming and I have been trying to find those activities but most of them are not exist.

storm_summary.sas7bdat I cant find. I have shared my screen shot please help me to move on my other lessons. Thank you

I couldn't see Libref PG1 was successfully assigned, at all. 

I have started the sas studio

shared folders with virtual box that I can see all the folders on my sas I couldn't move forward from there

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

I'm sorry, I made a mistake on my previous post. Please watch the setup video for University Edition, not SAS OnDemand for Academics. I linked you to the creating data video. That should solve the problem. Please watch the video and try that first.

- Peter

alparslan
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot Peter. I was about t quit before start

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Glad to hear you are continuing on!

alparslan
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi
when I come back to the program all the files I have downloaded for activities are disappeared. How can I keep them saved?
Reeza
Super User
They have not disappeared, they're likely either wherever you downloaded them or in the saved library. There should have been a step in the setup where you added a line of code to your AUTOEXEC? Did you do that step? Is there a LIBNAME statement in your AUTOEXEC file?
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

When you close out of SAS the connection to that folder location is cleared, however the data stills exists. When you return to SAS you will need to tell SAS where that folder of data is using the LIBNAME statement. I think that is covered in Lesson 2. 

Libname pg1 'file location';

When you run this it tells SAS where all the tables are. Which interface are you using? SAS Studio? Is it on University Edition or SAS on Demand?

If it's SAS studio, go to the "Files and Folders" pane on the navigation toolbar to the left of your screen. Search for your PG1 folder, find the data folder. Right click on the data folder and select "Properties". That is the location you will need to paste in the libname statement above.

Let us know how it goes. Share screenshots if it's not working. 

- Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats